Welcome to The Country Sip!
While there are many country music websites for you to choose from, we appreciate you stopping by ours. We pride ourselves on bringing a fresh spin to all things country – your favorite artists, shows & festivals, news and more. Whether you’re an artist, manager, publicist, country music fan, or anyone else, we feel that our site can benefit you in a variety of ways.
Here are a few things that we believe sets The Country Sip apart:
1. You will find pictures and videos here that you won’t find anywhere else. We do our photography in-house and strive to bring you high quality images to make you feel like you were a part of the action. If for any reason we do use an image that someone else has taken, you will see that photo credited to the respective party who took it. Being respectful of someone’s work & not taking credit for it is incredibly important to us – should you notice any mistakes of that on our part, please let us know. And, likewise, if you’re requesting to use any of our images or content, please just give the proper credit so others can refer back to us.
Our images are watermarked simply because we’ve had too many instances where images were taken and proper credit was not given, in one way or another. Everything we do is on our dime, to provide excellent coverage for fans to feel like they experienced a show, even if they couldn’t be there in person. There are a variety of of expenses going into that and unfortunately, watermarking our images has turned out to be the best option in preventing theft and unauthorized use. If you are an artist, manager, or publicist wanting to use a photo without a watermark for press, merch or other uses, please feel free to contact us via email to discuss further.
2. We know many of our readers live by the motto “front row or nothing”. We try very hard to be as up close & personal to the action as we can and we feel that our readers will benefit from that. We are lucky enough to live in Southern CA & Middle TN where there is no shortage of concerts & festivals, as well as tv show tapings, awards shows, album release parties, etc. so for those who don’t get to attend as many events, we’re passionate about sharing these events with you so you can feel like you were there.
3. While we love all the hits playing on the radio as much as the next person, we feel there’s a lot to be said for up & coming artists. When you think about it, even your favorite stars started at the bottom, so we are happy to show a little love to new artists who blow us away. If you are an artist who would like to be featured in one of our “Artist Spotlights,” please feel free to get in touch with us by sending us an email and if there’s an artist you, as one of our readers, feels we need to know about, please do the same. We love discovering new music!
4. What you won’t find here is the same content and news being covered by other sites. We figure there are plenty of sites to get country music news from (several of which we love to read ourselves!) and so rather than bring you the same news you can find elsewhere, we’d like to bring you original content with our own (sometimes funny!) insights.
5. We are completely open to your feedback. If there’s something you’d like to see us cover, let us know! We love the interaction from our readers & are happy to have you all be a part of this process. Since we know if you’re here, you’re most likely a huge country music fan like us, we would love to have you tell us about the events you’ve attended on our Facebook page. You can read other coverage from fellow Country Sip followers and share your own experiences, pictures, and videos.
6. To continue on the thought above, we truly love interacting with you all. Tweet us, comment on Facebook, tag us on Instagram! We will make every attempt to bring you exciting giveaways and opportunities to win unique prizes.
– Sarah Mohr & Vanessa Storm @ The Country Sip